Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trust His Heart ...



As my heart has stirred this early morning, I've almost laughed out loud ... thinking about this particular song and the words that bring me much comfort. It's not that the song is funny, it's just that I can hear my daughter sing it to me, as she heard it [in her head] when she was a child. The song has been around forever, but time doesn't take away the message that continues to weave its place within my heart:

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
So when you don't understand
When you don't see His plan
When you can't trace His hand ...
Trust His heart.

It seems that my life has been on this perpetual journey that finds itself somewhere in these powerful words. So much that I don't understand. Places where I can't seem to "see" what is going on. Areas where, try as I might, I can't seem to trace His hand in the midst of it. I would be lying through my teeth (or keys) if I told you that this has been the most wonderful season of my life. To be honest, it's been one of the hardest chapters of my entire faith walk. I won't try to put ink to everything that's gone on within this heart of mine. I dare not express the lows as this pilgrim has traveled. Pain and heartache come in all ways, shapes and forms. Some of the hardest lessons come from circumstances ... while other life lessons come from those with skin.

Three things I have resolved along the way that have EVERYTHING to do with the song:
1) God is wise.
2) God IS good.
3) I CAN trust HIS heart.

In building this heart on those truths, the next resolve is probably the hardest of all: I will not quit. I believe one of the biggest lies of the enemy is to hard press God's children into doing one thing: Lay down and just quit. Play dead.
I've seen it in my own life. He taunts me with lies that God is not wise and that He is not looking out for my best interest. He dabbles with my head and says that God is not good, because if He was, He would have blocked interference in ________ or He would have worked harder on my behalf. Satan's biggest lie of all is that God can't be trusted. He tells me over and over that God is no different than man and who can trust man? Enough, already.

So ... if he can get me to buy back into that crazy distorted way of thinking, the next step for me would be to just quit. To stop living life. To cease to reach out, to pull up my heart's "draw bridge" and never let anyone else in. To stop taking a risk and dare not take a chance. Is anyone connecting with what I'm saying?

Just recently, the enemy even tried to toss a lie my way about my blog. So, for his behalf, "Sorry, Satan ... you lose. Again." (I'm smiling as I type that!)

Just in case you, precious reader, have any of the same stuff stirring within, here's some more truth to paint the walls of your heart:

This I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him.(Lamentations 3:21-25)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.(Proverbs 3:5-6)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. (Ephesians 6:12-13)

And to borrow the words from one more song, "Life is hard, but God is good."

No comments:

Post a Comment