Saturday, February 7, 2009

He Knows ...

Psalm 139 is on my heart this morning. Maybe it's because I got to spend some time with my incredible three month-old grandson. As I snuggled and smooched on him last night, I was reminded of our faithful Creator God who "knit Rowe together in Ashley's womb." (vs. 13)
And what a beautiful job He did, I must say. Rowe is just plain gorgeous! What's even more amazing is that not only did God create Rowe and holds Rowe's life in His hands ... but "all of Rowe's days have been written in His book before one of them comes to be." (vs. 16)

God knows Rowe and God knows you and me.

He knows that I am scared to death of wasps.
He knows that I hate that people like to kill animals ... just for the fun of it.
He knows that I like new clothes.
He knows that I'm insecure about myself.
He knows that I love my husband and children and would give my life for any of them.
He knows that I can be impatient.
He knows that I am a sucker for stray animals.
He knows that I type VERY fast.
He knows that I am loyal and faithful.
He knows that I love to exercise.
He knows that I easily withdraw at times.
He knows that I guard my heart.
He knows that I don't wash my make up off at night.
He knows that I am trying to not give my opinion unless I'm asked.
He knows that I love Target.
He knows that I have been deeply disappointed.
He knows that I love to laugh ... and that my laugh is LOUD!
He knows I don't like to fly.
He knows that I love the early morning.
He knows that I have big regrets.
He knows that I love coffee. And chocolate.
He knows that I run like Forest Gump from little girl behavior.
He knows that I have a huge sweet tooth and would prefer dessert over a meal.
He knows that I don't like surprises.
He knows that I love animals and would work as an Animal Cop if I could.
He knows it all.

Oh Lord, you have searched me and you know me. (Psalm 139:1)

And because He doesn't just know me, He knows what the future holds for me! Which means I can trust Him with the things that I don't know:

Where will I live in a year from now?
Where will I work and serve in a year from now?
Who will be walking by my side in a year from now?
Will I be healthy in a year from now?
What will God be doing in my life a year from now?
When will God answer some of the things I've been praying for ... some for years?

So maybe I'm a little wierd and I do think about all these things from time to time. God bringing Rowe into our lives has been huge in reminding me that God is the Giver of life ... the Sustainer of life ... and the Detailer of our lives. Every bit of it. From what's on the inside to what we live on the outside. I love that about Him.

The LORD [Covenant Maker/Promise Keeper God] will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands. (Psalm 138:8)

We are made in God's image and He cherishes us more than we could ever know.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14)

God knows Rowe McCoy. God knows Rhonda Weeks. And you ... He knows.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Naunie...you're such a precious reminder of our Savior's Love for us....thank you.

    ReplyDelete