Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hidden Within the Pages of Esther ...



For the past six weeks or so, I've been journeying through Beth Moore's newest Bible study, "It's Tough Being a Woman" built around the 10 chapters of the Book of Esther.

I have to tell you that I've known of Esther's story ... even read the book several times over the past 20 years. I've heard sermon's revolved around it, and talks given on it. But never have I taken a daily journey of digging the book apart, verse by verse. And I'll just tell ya ... never did I think there would be so much tucked within these pages that had to do with Rhonda Weeks. Boy, was I wrong!

I'm hoping to entice you enough that you'll want to read it and study it for yourself, so here's just a few life lessons that are carved into my heart now:

There is no place God can't go with a willing vessel.

Nothing happens in my life by mere chance.

God wants me to be a dangerous woman for His Kingdom.

God won't fulfill my destiny without me.

God is attracted to weakness; It leaves more room for His strength.

God wants me to forget pride and position = leads to nowhere.

To obey is always better than sacrifice.

I'm never more prone to attack than when God has taken me out, but I'm not where I'm going yet.

The best thing I can do to drive a mean person crazy is be nice!

One of the most important parts of my destiny is transparency.

It will often be crisis that God will use to pivot my direction.

Courage comes from a heart that is convinced it is loved.

I will never fulfill my God-given destiny if I straddle the fence.

The longer God is taking the more He is working.

Battles that really matter aren't won in a day.

God is never inactive in the wait.

Small seeds of pride, ambition and prejudice can grow into something appalling.

We can base inappropriate presumptions primarily on self-consumed thoughts.

Bent minds don't think straight.

Satan promises life and delivers death.

One of the things God wants to withhold from my life is havoc from self-choices.

So, I've only studied through the sixth chapter, but that's just a speck of the truth that's pounded in this head and heart. The real challenge with God's Word isn't just to know it ... but to live it. If all I do is study and know the Truth but don't allow God to change me, then I believe I've missed the heart of God all together.

The Book of Esther isn't just about a Queen saving her people. The providence of God weaves through the entire 10 chapters. God shows His heart ... God shows His power. God shows how He works and moves, even when folks don't acknowledge that it's Him.

What's so neat to me is that God's name isn't mentioned in the Book of Esther ... nothing penned with His name on it; and yet His heart and His power are all over it. In the midst of God being on it ... you and I just might find ourselves in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment